Shelby Lynne is a lesbian essayist based in Arkansas. She writes about books, bodies, Star Trek, and her evolving relationship with faith. Her work has appeared in Women at Warp, Wizards in Space Literary Magazine, and Arkana, where her essay “self-portrait as daughter, learning” won the Editor’s Choice Award in Creative Nonfiction and was nominated for Best of the Net and a Pushcart Prize.
- Father’s Day, Queer Grief, and Star Trek (Women at Warp, June 2021)
- Resistance Is Beautiful (Women at Warp, July 2020)
- Far Beyond the Stars (Wizards in Space Literary Magazine, Issue 5, February 2020)
- self-portrait as daughter, learning (Arkana, Issue 7, December 2019)
- The Thaw’s Fatal Flaw (Women at Warp, May 2017)